Saturday, August 5, 2017

Book 3 Chapter 1 422 - 428 Good stuff!

I addressed the morning and early afternoon Foggily, editing poetry and absorbing more insane political aFnd baseball news. My little dogs laughed not to see such disport, but I did prepare a dish with a spoon for a crock pot pork chop extravaganza.

However, when I emerged from my personal murk, I went to Starbucks (the one in Flemington is such an entitled shit-hole, but oh well) and read the above 6 pages of the Wake.  Oh, joyous day!

Mainly, in this section, Shaun is excoriating Shem and its really good.  What really got me started was the inclusion of yet another 100 letter word (all of these denoting Thunder, Finnegans fall from the ladder and many other things:

"Ullhodturdenweirmudgaardgringnirurdrmolnirfenrirlukkilokkibaughimandodrrerin-surtkirinmgernrackinarockar!"

Later on we get this bit ( which addresses some turf I have been tending in my poetry )

"And the stellas were shinings. And the earthlight strewed aromatose. His pibrook creppt mong the donkness. A reek was waft on the luftstream.  He was ours, all fragrance. And we were his for a lifetime. O dulcid dreamings languidinous! Taboccoo!"

Amazing.

The chapter ends with a page long Irish blessing that rambles on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment